1808 Jancey Street Pittsburgh, PA 15206
TDD: 711Inquire Now
- Community Comforts
- Apartment Amenities
- Lease Now
46 new housing units, 13 in the former Morningside Public School and 33 in a new building being built on the school’s parking lot.
Construction began in 2017 on Jancey Street and Greenwood Avenue.
The $13.6 million project is adapting a 120-year-old school, adding a new wing and renovating a newer portion of the school into a community center. A public plaza on the corner will replace the former gymnasium. This project won a PHFA innovation and design award for community impact.
Forty units will have one bedroom, six will have two and all but seven will be priced for people making between 20 and 60 percent of the area median income.
Morningside Crossing is among the largest retrofits of an old building to meet passive house energy-use standards in the area. This usually cuts energy costs by 80-85 percent. The windows are triple-pane and insulation is 8 inches thick. A heat-recovery ventilator moves two air flows, fresh in, stale out, constantly providing trickles of air, unlike HVAC systems that run full bore for a while then shut off.
Total Units: 46 (40-1br; 6-2br)
Apt. Size Range (sf): 595-879
Eligibility: 62 and older
Project Developer: a.m. RODRIGUEZ ASSOCIATES inc.
Management: Congregate Management Services, Inc. (CMS)
Builder: Sota Construction Services, Inc.
Architect: Thoughtful Balance
Partners: Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA); Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA); RBC; BNY Mellon; USDA
- 24-hour maintenance
- Media Room
- On-site Laundry Facilities
- One elevator servicing all floors
- On-site management
- Scheduled van transportation to shopping and social events
- Plaza open to the public
- Patio exclusive to Residents
- Carpeted living/bedrooms
- Central air
- Fully equipped and tiled kitchen
- Complete, tiled bathroom
- Emergency pull cords in each bathroom and bedroom connected to 911 dispatch
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Window treatments
- Toilet and shower convenience bars for safety
- Utilities included
If you are interested in living here:
- Click the “Inquire Now” button above and fill out the form.
- One of our property managers will contact you shortly regarding your eligibility.